Disappointing their son. Tyler Sanders’ parents spoke out after 9-1-1: Lone Star It turned out that the cause of death of the actor was an accidental overdose of fentanyl.
“Tyler was an ambitious, hard-working actor who struggled with a deep and persistent depression.” David Sanders – wrote in a press release on Thursday, December 29. “While Tyler actively sought treatment, he struggled to find relief and decided to experiment with drugs. Tyler became addicted to drugs not as a way to have fun in society, but rather as an attempt to overcome his deep struggle with mental health.”
In June Rookie The alum died at the age of 18 at his home in Los Angeles. Earlier this week, Los Angeles County medical examiners confirmed that the teen’s death was caused by exposure to fentanyl. The coroner’s report noted that the Daytime Emmy nominee texted a friend the night before he died and told an acquaintance that he had been using the drug.
Tyler’s father said his family continues to “mourn his death” but they want to share his story “in hopes of continuing the conversation about this common issue.”
Actor’s mom Ginger Sanders, also shared her thoughts, adding, “Losing Tyler to fentanyl poisoning was incredibly hard.” She went on to say that her son suffered from depression.
“I want others to understand that we are a family like all other families who never thought this could happen to us,” she continued. “Tyler had a strong support system and still couldn’t get over his persistent depression. Perhaps because of his depression, Tyler sought deep connections and brought joy to those around him. While Tyler was quietly fighting his inner battles, outwardly he was determined to make sure no one felt the way he did. Tyler loved the Lord, loved people, and did his best every day. We sincerely pray that our story may save others.”
Joe Nussbaumwho directed Tyler in Just Add Magic: Mystery Cityalso announced that he is creating a “Do More for Tyler” initiative, which he hopes will help raise awareness of mental health issues among child actors.
“Tyler was so focused on his acting career that he often wrote ‘Do More’ on his arm to remind him to work towards his goals,” Nussbaum, 49, said. “Now it’s our turn to do more. In Tyler’s honor, me and my colleagues in children’s television came together to form the Do More initiative. We want to improve the industry’s attitude towards the mental health of our youngest and most vulnerable fellow child actors.”
In a statement on the project’s website, the director further outlined the goals of the initiative, explaining that the “first goal” is to “standardize and conduct an orientation workshop” for young actors and their parents, which will outline common mental health issues.
“This will be followed by inspections both during and after production,” the website says. “We don’t know if such a program would have saved Tyler. But we know we have to try. We know we can do more. And we will.”
If you or someone you know is struggling with substance abuse, contact Office of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services (SAMHSA) National Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357).
#Tyler #Sanders #Parents #Reveal #Actors #Death