Prince Harry has spoken out about his fear of losing Meghan and becoming a “single dad”, which was a big factor in his decision to leave the royal family.
Speaking to British journalist Tom Bradby on ITV ahead of the release of his memoirs: SpareHarry spoke about reliving the night in 1997 when his mother, Princess Diana, died in a car crash, admitting he felt “compassion” for his father, who had the heartbreaking task of breaking the news to his two sons.
“You know, my father came in wearing a bathrobe and shared this news with me, only now that I’ve written the book do I really think about how many hours he didn’t sleep.”
Harry added that this was one of the reasons “why we’re here now” as he and Meghan left royal duties in early 2020.
“I don’t want history to repeat itself. I don’t want to be a single parent. And I certainly don’t want my children to live without a mother or father.”
Bradby also challenged Harry for his decision to reveal so many family secrets.
“The saddest thing is that it never had to be, never had to get to this point,” said Harry.
He admitted that he was “grateful” for the opportunity to share his point of view.
“Thirty-eight years of my story being told by so many different people, with deliberate misrepresentation and misrepresentation… I felt like it was a good time to acknowledge my story and tell it myself. I don’t think if I was still part of the institution I would have been given that opportunity. So I’m very grateful.”
Due to early leaks and the mistake that landed the book on the shelves in Spain five days before its release, many scandalous stories from the scandalous royal tale have already been revealed.
Bradby himself admitted that after reading it, he needed “a long lie down.”
Among the most shocking details are Harry’s admission that he killed 25 Taliban fighters while serving in Afghanistan, his history of illegal drug use, and accusations that William physically assaulted him in a fight because of Meghan’s “rudeness” in 2019. year.
Harry’s interview with Bradby, a longtime friend who was known to have interviewed the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in Africa in 2019, comes after senior royal advisers reportedly set up a de facto “war room” to have dealing with any more potentially dangerous stories.
According to Page sixa plan was made to deal with explosive claims from both Harry’s book and subsequent promotional interviews.
After the interview with Bradby in the US, Harry’s meeting with journalist Anderson Cooper will be shown. 60 minutesWith good morning america and The Late Show with Stephen Colbert track.
Page six reports that the senior aides team had previously “braided their brains” to come up with every possible story that Harry would include in “Spare” and predicted that the fight with William would be aired.
As the fallout from Harry’s revelations continues, it is also reported that he has been excluded from his father King Charles’ coronation plans.
Although his invitation to the May 6 event has not been withdrawn, it is understood that the Duke of Sussex “will not play any role” at the ceremony.
“I can report that Prince Harry has been cut from the coronation script, with no official role in the service, should he come. Breaking with tradition, Charles will forego royal dukes kneeling and paying homage to the monarch. Only William will fill this role.” – Roya Nikkah, Royal Editor Sunday Timestweeted today.
Spare will be available in Australian bookstores on Wednesday.
#Prince #Harry #Spare #interview #Duke #fears #single #dad