Prince Harry claimed that King Charles III’the s team was involved in leaking information about him and Meghan MarkleA royal exit is planned.
In the second installment of their Netflix documentary series, which began airing on Thursday, December 15, Harry, 38, explained that the couple’s original plan was to move to South Africa. After a leak caused those plans to be cancelled, the Duke of Suss*x chose Canada as an alternative in a phone call with his 74-year-old father.
According to Harry, once this potential solution hit the news prematurely, he began to doubt the source.
“It became clear that the institution had leaked information that we were going to return to Canada. And the key part of that story that made me realize that the content of the letter between me and my father was leaked was that we were ready to give up our titles in Suss*x,” he explained, noting that he mentioned this phrase in a previous communication. with his father. – It was a giveaway.
BetterUp’s CIO recalled feeling like his and Meghan’s lives were literally “ripped out from under their feet.” The former 41-year-old actress, for her part, confirmed that the couple decided to make the announcement in January 2020 due to the leaks.
“At that moment, you could feel the ticking of the clock. So, with our team, we have decided to release a statement that we are unfortunately going to back out. Not to retire, but just to get a smaller role,” she clarified in the fifth episode.
Harry also criticized the suggestion that Queen Elizabeth II was unaware of their plans, adding: “This idea that I allegedly blinded my grandmother. This will never happen. I have a lot of respect for her.”
Harry and Meghan made headlines in 2020 when they announced their plans to step down from their senior roles as working royals.
“After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have decided to make the transition this year and begin playing a new progressive role in this institution,” they wrote at the time in an Instagram statement. “We intend to renounce our senior royal status and work towards becoming financially independent while continuing to fully support Her Majesty the Queen. Thanks to your support, especially in the last few years, we feel ready to make this adjustment.”
In a lengthy social media post, the duo stated that they were moving to the United States.
“Now we plan to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America while continuing to fulfill our duty to the Queen, the Commonwealth and our patronage,” they added. “This geographic balance will allow us to raise our son with respect for the royal tradition he was born into, while also giving our family the opportunity to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable organization.”
After their departure became permanent, Harry opened up about his strained relationship with his father. “I feel very disappointed because he went through something like this, he knows what pain is … Archie is his grandson,” explained the British native, who has son Archie, 3, and daughter Lily, 18 months, with his wife during the meeting. candid CBS interview in March 2021. “I will always love him. There was a lot of pain. I will continue to make this one of my priorities in order to heal this relationship.”
Exclusively reported by a source Us weekly that Charles was not pleased with his son’s public comments. “Charles doesn’t agree with Harry publicly trashing his entire family,” an insider shared the same month. “Charles thinks these questions could easily be settled in private.”
Earlier this month, a second source said Charles was concerned about potential allegations in his son’s paperwork. “He worries about it more than anyone,” the insider said. “While he puts on a brave face, behind closed doors he is concerned that the docu-series will cause irreparable damage to the monarchy.”
The palace has yet to publicly respond to Harry and Meghan’s claims presented in Harry and Megan.
#Prince #Harry #blamed #King #Charles #IIIs #team #leaking #exit #news