Pregnancy is one of the most exciting and joyful times in life, but it can also be one of the most stressful. It’s perfectly normal to experience a roller coaster of emotions—not to mention drastic physical changes as your body changes to accommodate a growing baby.
That’s why it’s incredibly important that you get as much support as possible during this period. But sadly, not everyone is capable of providing it. Like a Reddit user mozzzz22.
Recently, his wife became pregnant and asked the man to fulfill one of his responsibilities—cleaning her cat’s litter box. But mozzzz22 was adamant. She tells him there’s no way he’s going to get a troll and suggests giving up the pet instead.
The man made it when he heard other people calling his name A post on the subreddit’am i [Jerk]?‘ asking if he was really wrong. Here’s what he wrote.
The man admitted that he really hates animals.
Image credit: Laura LaRose (not original picture)
It’s so bad that he refuses to even clean his pregnant wife’s cat’s litter box and risks contracting toxoplasmosis instead.
Image credit: Amina Fulkins (not original photo)
Image credit: u/mozz22
Experts say. You can safely change your cat’s litter box while you’re pregnant, but it’s best to have someone else do it if possible. The main concern here is toxoplasmosis.
This is an infection called a parasite. Toxoplasma gondii.. People often get it from eating undercooked meat, but it’s also spread through contact with cat feces.
Most infected people have no symptoms and are usually harmless, but the parasite can be passed to the baby during pregnancy, causing m*scarriage and birth defects.
Fortunately, the chances of getting toxoplasmosis for the first time during pregnancy are considered very low. And even if you get an infection for the first time while you’re pregnant, it doesn’t mean your baby is at risk. In fact, in many cases, the infection does not spread to the baby.
Yet, every year, Between 800 and 4,400 Babies in the United States are born with toxoplasmosis.
About 1 in 10 babies (10 percent) with the infection are born with problems, including:
- eye infection or inflammation of the eye;
- Swollen liver and spleen;
- Jaundice (when the baby’s eyes and skin look yellow);
- seizures or convulsions;
- fluid on the brain (hydrocephalus);
- swollen lymph nodes;
- large head size (macrocephaly) or smaller than normal head size (microcephaly);
- feeding problems;
- low birth weight;
- Itchy or sore skin.
Without treatment, newborns can develop problems later in life, even if they initially show no symptoms. It may be 20 or 30 years later. These problems include:
- Intellectual and developmental disabilities (problems with the way the brain works that may cause your child to have problems or delays in physical development, learning, communication, self-care, or socializing with others );
- eye infections and vision problems;
- cerebral palsy (a group of conditions that affect the parts of the brain that control muscles. This can cause problems with movement, posture, standing upright, and balance);
- seizures or convulsions;
- Hearing loss.
Why would you take such a risk when you can only clean the cat’s litter box for a few months?
People unanimously condemned the man when his wife needed him the most.
#hate #animals #Man #tells #pregnant #wife #hed #give #cats #litter #box #clean